Pork cheek with sage and vinegar
by Rita Boini
- a few thin slices of fresh or dried pork cheek
- a few sage leaves
- a few tablespoons of white wine vinegar
Put the slices of bacon in a pan, let them lose the fat and throw it away. Put the slices of bacon in the pan together with the sage, after a minute or two add vinegar, if necessary adjust with salt and pepper and serve.
This preparation, almost in disuse, was typical of winter and was known throughout Umbria. In the area of Todi, sometimes people addes tomato. It was served for dinner, accompanied by some slices of bread.
Courtesy of Calzetti & Mariucci.
The following two tabs change content below.
REDATTRICE - CUCINA
Ultimi post di Rita Boini (vedi tutti)
- Easter Cheese Bread - Giugno 25, 2020
- Pork cheek with sage and vinegar - Giugno 17, 2020
- White flatbread with sage and onion - Febbraio 28, 2019